What is Women inPower?
Women inPower is a dynamic cross-sector fellowship program designed to help high-potential women advance the top levels of leadership in their fields. This one-of-a-kind program provides a select group of female leaders in New York City with executive mentorship, educational training and workshops, and membership in an active community of female leaders.
The Fellowship is 12 months long–from January through December. It includes one-on-one and peer mentorship, CEO workshops, networking events, as well as educational seminars and activities that address key topics women face when taking the next step in their career. Women inPower is a unique opportunity for women across sectors and industries to come together to create new pathways to career success.
- Only 4.2% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women
- Only 16% of corporate board members are women
- The pay gap has not budged for a decade. Since 2002, women have made an average of just 77 cents on the dollar when compared to male salaries.
- There are currently very few fellowships that focus on the mid-career drop-off point, and fewer programs that pool talent and fellows from across sectors and industries.
The facts have remained the same for over a decade.
NOW is the time for change.
By work with a variety of strategic partners and key voices, 92Y will convene the brightest minds and build a community of Fellows and Mentors who will address these issues head on.
Women inPower Strategic Partners
- Catalyst— Founded in 1962, Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization expanding opportunities for women and business. With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, Australia, and Japan, and more than 800 member organizations, Catalyst is the trusted resource for research, information, and advice about women at work.
- Changemaker Chats offer a community of ambitious women an intimate forum for sharing experiences and building relationships, while learning practical tips to advance positive changes at work, at home and in their communities. Women are connecting with one another and sharing tricks of the trade on achieving work- life balance, building a new product or initiative, leading without authority and more…
- Ellevate Network is a global women’s network, serving as the essential resource for professional women who create, inspire and lead. It is operated on the belief that the research is clear: companies and the economy perform better when women are fully engaged. The most dynamic network of its kind, Ellevate is made up of successful, motivated and passionate professional women from various industries and walks of life with one common belief: that investing in themselves and in other women is good business.
- Hyper Island is a global school with business consulting services that enables individuals and organizations to see, understand and act upon the opportunities created by digital and technological evolution. Through collaboration, creativity and innovation, we empower people to adapt to a world in a constant change. Founded in 1996 in Sweden, our methodology is based on experiential learning guided by industry leaders.
- Women Moving Millions is a global philanthropic community of people committed to large-scale investment of women and girls.